HOW WILL FUNDING BE PRIORITIZED?
- Projects must align with the Destination Development objectives for the applicant area.
- Projects with the greatest impact for the region.
- Projects for communities in transition:
- First priority to those communities with permanent or indefinite mill closures.
- Second priority to those communities experiencing shift reductions or strike action.
- Third priority to communities experiencing economic challenges due to resource decline.
- Projects of regional scope that will encompass and benefit multiple communities experiencing economic challenges.
Given the widespread economic impacts of COVID 19, deep impacts in the tourism sector and relatively small pool of funds available, opportunities to leverage other funding and collaborate regionally on projects will be strongly encouraged.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS CAN THE FUNDING BE DIRECTED TOWARD?
Funding will be allocated to support: 1) Tourism strategic planning 2) Tourism infrastructure 3) Amenity or product development Funding will not be allocated to tourism marketing, promotion, trails or wages. Priority may be given to projects of regional scope as identified in the regional Destination Development Strategy.
HOW WILL PROJECTS BE DETERMINED?
The applicant will receive a notification on whether the application was successful.